Succulents are all the rage right now. I have a close friend who could name off types of succulents like Bubba naming off ways to serve shrimp to Forrest Gump—and I mean that as a compliment! I have a couple succulents in some planters, but I wanted to find an even more creative way to show off some of these pretty plants in the house. So…I came across this: succulent planters made out of wine corks that are refrigerator magnets.
This is like the perfect storm of house décor for me.
I always need magnets for the fridge. I ALWAYS have wine corks on hand…don’t ask. And I LOVE succulents! This is the best thing ever!!
Here’s what you’ll need and how you do it:
A pocket knife or kitchen paring knife
Hot glue gun
- Punch a hole in the top of one of the corks with the screwdriver.
- Use the paring/pocket knife to carve out a hole in the top of the cork—it should go about halfway down the height of the cork.
- Repeat until all corks are hollowed out.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue a magnet to the back of the corks.
- Fill the corks with soil and place a clipping into each.
- Place on the fridge and admire your handiwork!
It’s super easy and so cute—give it a try!